Dear Parishioners and Friends,
Greetings to you all!
I hope you are all doing well and continuing your support of one another in every way possible as we endure this painful Pandemic COVID-19.
The Basilica will reopen as of Wednesday 20th May 2020 for the following services:
Monday to Saturday:
Masses – 9am and Midday (live-streamed)
There will be no longer be Rosary prior to the midday Mass.
Masses – 7.30am, 9am (Italian), 11am (live-streamed), and 5pm.
The Government directives will be followed with a maximum of 20 attendees at each Mass (excluding staff). Social distancing will be followed along with personal sanitising, church cleaning after each Mass and maintaining a record of attendees at each Mass.
Attendees will be required to register with the Parish Office by the previous day in order to attend a weekday Mass, and by Friday in order to attend a Sunday Mass. Ring 9335 2268 Mon to Fri 10am to 3pm. People will not be allowed to just show up on the day.
The following guidelines will be in place to ensure safety for all attendees:
- Entrance and exit will be via the front doors of the Basilica Church only
- Doors to Church will be opened 15 minutes prior to the commencement of each Mass
- Doors will be closed once the Mass commenced and will not be opened again until Mass has been completed
- No late comers will be admitted
- If you are unwell (cold or flu symptoms, fever or runny nose) or have been in contact with someone who has had COVID 19, please do not enter the Church
- Hands sanitiser will be provided for you to use prior to entry to the Church
- Attendees are to register their details with the usher at the entrance of the church before entering
- Please refrain from entering areas of the Church that are blocked off
- Please sit in the pews that are allocated, and in the positions marked
- There will be no Gospel or Offertory processions and no shaking of hands for the Sign of Peace
- Communion will be distributed at each pew and will be received in the hand ONLY (i.e. the Priest will come to you to give communion, so there is no need for you to leave your pew)
- At the conclusion of Mass please leave the Church as per directions from the ushers
- The Basilica toilets will remain closed until further notice
Thanks for all your understating and co-operation. Let us continue to support one another and keep each other in our prayers that we will do the right thing to end this painful pandemic in our world.
On a personal level, I along with the Oblates here in the Basilica Community remember you all daily in our personal and community prayers.
Thank you and God bless!
Yours in Christ and Mary Immaculate,
Fr John Sebastian OMI